Monday, March 12, 2012

A Family Favorite: Broccoli Cheese Soup

Over at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures, we are sharing our favorite soup recipes.  This is one of my hubby's favorites.  It is so easy to make and is super tasty.  Pair it with a salad or sandwich and you have a delicious meal!  We paired ours with Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwiches.  My kiddos gobbled it up!


Here is whatcha need:
  • 6 T. Butter
  • 5 T. Flour
  • 1 med. onion, chopped
  • 3 cups of water
  • 5 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 2 (10 oz) pkgs. chopped broccoli
  • 5 cups of milk
  • 2 lbs. of Velveeta Cheese
Melt butter.  Saute' onions.  Stir in flour. Add water, bouillon cubes, broccoli, milk.  Bring to a boil; simmer.  Remove from heat and add Velveeta cheese. Cut in small portions.  Makes 3 quarts.

***Note: This recipe was given to me from a lady at church. I can't take credit for this deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)